onsdag, november 13, 2013

Laurie møtte Lou

Laurie Anderson møtte Lou Reed første gang i München i 1992. Hun skriver i Rolling Stone om det møtet, om da de ble kjærester, om livet sammen og til slutt om at Lou Reed dør

I liked him right away, but I was surprised he didn't have an English accent. For some reason I thought the Velvet Underground were British, and I had only a vague idea what they did. (I know, I know.) I was from a different world. And all the worlds in New York around then – the fashion world, the art world, the literary world, the rock world, the financial world – were pretty provincial. Somewhat disdainful. Not yet wired together.

As it turned out, Lou og Laurie bodde ikke langt fra hverandre i New York og Lou foreslo at de skulle møtes etter festivalen i München. I think he liked it when I said, "Yes! Absolutely! I'm on tour, but when I get back – let's see, about four months from now – let's definitely get together." This went on for a while, and finally he asked if I wanted to go to the Audio Engineering Society Convention. I said I was going anyway and would meet him in Microphones. The AES Convention is the greatest and biggest place to geek out on new equipment, and we spent a happy afternoon looking at amps and cables and shop-talking electronics. I had no idea this was meant to be a date, but when we went for coffee after that, he said, "Would you like to see a movie?"

Jeg liker at hun, også i en tekst som denne, en slags gravtale til mannen sin, går inn på morsomme episoder - og realistiske beskrivelser av hva det innebærer å være et par. Like many couples, we each constructed ways to be – strategies, and sometimes compromises, that would enable us to be part of a pair. Sometimes we lost a bit more than we were able to give, or gave up way too much, or felt abandoned.

Og hun fortsetter, helt til inn i døden. Vel, bare les det.

Rolling Stone har også samlet en haug rocke- menn stort sett, som forteller hva de mener kjennetegner Lou Reed. Jeg likte Michael Stipes best.

Musically, Lou Reed was profoundly important, but there was another component to his public persona that cannot be overlooked: He was the first queer icon of the 21st century, 30 years before it even began. - Les mer om det

0 Kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Abonner på Legg inn kommentarer [Atom]

<< Startsiden