tirsdag, januar 10, 2012

Litt Bowie i dag

Lydspor til bloggposten: Changes

It's not like it's something new to me. These are all personal crises, I'm sure, that I manifest in a song format and project into physical situations. You make little stories up about how you feel. It's as simple as that.

I tried to make a checklist of what exactly the album is about and abandonment was in there, isolation. And I thought, well, nothing's changed much.

At 65, I don't really think it's going to change very much. As you get older, the questions come down to about two or three. How long? And what do I do with the time I've got left?

When it's taken that nakedly, these are my subjects. And it's like, well, how many times can you do this? And I tell myself, actually, over and over again. The problem would be if I was too self-confident and actually came up with resolutions for these questions. But I think they're such huge unanswerable questions that it's just me posing them, again and again.

His deal with Sony is a short-term one while he gets his label started and watches the Internet's effect on careers.

I don't even know why I would want to be on a label in a few years, because I don't think it's going to work by labels and by distribution systems in the same way. The absolute transformation of everything that we ever thought about music will take place within 10 years, and nothing is going to be able to stop it. I see absolutely no point in pretending that it's not going to happen.

I'm fully confident that copyright, for instance, will no longer exist in 10 years, and authorship and intellectual property is in for such a bashing.

Music itself is going to become like running water or electricity.So it's like, just take advantage of these last few years because none of this is ever going to happen again. You'd better be prepared for doing a lot of touring because that's really the only unique situation that's going to be left.

It's terribly exciting. But on the other hand it doesn't matter if you think it's exciting or not; it's what's going to happen.

Hele artikkelen i New York Times, stygg som den er med all reklamen.
Guardians bildekarusell av Bowie slik han har sett ut

0 Kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Abonner på Legg inn kommentarer [Atom]

<< Startsiden